Discovering that your sewer needs repair or replacement often comes as a big surprise for homeowners. Many homeowners in Amity Ohio assume that their sewers pipes are going to last forever, but that doesn’t happen. Normal wear and tear on the sewer pipes, along with root intrusion, cracks, or corrosion in the pipes require sewer repair, sometimes even replacement.
Why Do My Pipes Need Sewer Repair or Replacement?
If you plumber is suggesting sewer repair, it might be due to the following reasons:
- Blocked Pipes: This happens when we drain food particles, oil, grease, hair, and soap particles down our sewer pipes. Sometimes they stick to the lining of your sewer pipes and cause a buildup. After some time, you’ll have blocked pipes.
- Broken or Cracked Pipes: Ground conditions change. Temperature changes and soil shifting adds pressure to your sewer pipes. This can cause cracks on your sewer pipes, which ultimately adds to your utility bills and can even cause flooding.
- Root Intrusion: Roots of big trees can get inside of your cracked sewer pipes, leading to blockage.
- Corroded Pipes: If your sewer pipes are made of cast iron, they are prone to corrosion. This impacts water flow and can cause pipes to collapse.
- Leaking Joints: When pipes crack or become corroded, they eventually leak. This can potentially lead to flooding in your home or garden.
- Substandard Pipes: Poor quality pipes are highly prone to all of the above problems. You might need to change them to avoid constant sewer pipe problems.
Sewer Pipe Repair Options
With advancements in technology, sewer pipe repair is not the same as it was a few decades back. You can choose from two options: traditional sewer pipe repair and trenchless sewer repair. Most companies are still only offering traditional sewer repair services, but then there are some, like us, that provide trenchless sewer repair.
Traditional Sewer Repair
This involves considerable digging and time to locate the source and nature of the problem. Plumbers have to dig through the ground and locate the sewer pipes. Often the problem isn’t resolved after one session of digging. You might end up with trenches all over your garden, driveway, or patio.
Trenchless Sewer Repair
In this method, our plumbers use sewer cameras to locate the source of the problem. We don’t go around needlessly digging through your garden. We don’t need that. You don’t want that. We only need one access point to complete all repair and replacement work. Not only that, the entire process takes less than a day. You don’t need to change your routine for sewer repair in your home.
If you want to know more about Trenchless Sewer Repair for your home in Amity Ohio, give CME Sewer Repair a ring. Our experienced plumbers are trained to deal with all kinds of sewer repair questions and problems.